- This event has passed.
Starting the Conversation: Establishing a Devon-wide Network of Organisations Serving Ethnic Minorities
03 December 2021 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
EXETER COMMUNITIES TOGETHER and UBUNTU COUNSELLING SERVICES in PARTNERSHIP WITH DEVON COUNTY COUNCIL
CONFERENCE: STARTING THE CONVERSATION
Friday 3rd December 2021, 10am to 1pm
Establishing a Devon-wide Network of Organisations Serving Ethnic Minorities
Earlier this year, we carried out a research project into the provision of services for ethnic minority communities in Devon and the organisations serving those communities. This conference is an opportunity to share our research findings with you. Key amongst those findings were:
- A significant number of organisations would like to form a Devon-wide network;
- A significant number of organisations would like to host a therapist as part of a Devon-wide multicultural counselling service;
- Many organisations want to explore the purpose of a Community Hub;
- A significant number of organisations would like to have a conference to discuss these issues and to look at how we put these objectives into action.
As a result of Covid and the risks of bringing a large group of people into a face-to-face meeting, we have decided to split the conference into two parts:
Part 1: A virtual conference on Friday 3rd December 10am to 1pm to:
- Address the objectives stated above;
- Revisit the benefits and purpose of such a network;
- Present the research findings and to identify ways of dissemination, plus those wishing to participate in this process;
- Clarify and discuss the purpose of a Community Hub for ethnic minority communities in Devon, run by ethnic minority communities;
- Hear the views of prospective network partners on the establishment and running of the network;
- Discuss the memorandum of understanding (prepared by our solicitors) as a basis for collaboration;
- Begin to identify the steps and stages in the development of the network;
- Consult with partner organisations which wish to take part in the establishment of a Devon-wide multicultural counselling service;
- Identify the steps and stages in developing such a network;
- Elect a steering committee to take these ideas forward;
- Identify sources of funding for the project development and for the running of both the network and the counselling service;
- Agree a date for review of progress and to clarify next steps.
Part 2: A face-to-face conference in the new year to progress the above, with the Steering Committee reporting back to conference on the best ways forward, including sources of funding.
Please book early as places are limited. The link will also go out on our website: https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZcucu2srDgjH9VStBFCy-eFReJbkzZ9nRRP