We are hiring
Scroll for local jobs.
Exciting Volunteering Opportunities with Exeter Communities Together!
Exeter Communities Together is a grass roots organisation consisting of seven Black, Asian and Ethnic Minority organisations. We have a wide and varied programme of events spread across the year including: cultural festivals, social events, a growing project, language and dance classes – and much more!
- Choose how you want to get involved
- Get to know people from different cultures
- Gain new skills
- Engage in training programmes
- And More!
There are volunteering opportunities ranging from helping with office admin to joining in digging the ground to helping to prepare a feast. Here are the roles in more detail:
- Support the ECT team and partners with organising, delivering and recording their events:
- Community Access Project: A monthly cross-cultural celebration of communities coming together to share food, music and learn more about each other’s heritage.
- Neighbourhood Festivals: Running yearly in different neighbourhood area in Exeter.
- Opportunities to access relevant trainings to their role and various training in areas of interest;
- Opportunities to work with ethnic minority community groups to learn and share knowledge pertain to cultural diversity in Exeter;
- A chance to make a difference, help others, make new friends, gain work experience that that could lead to beginnings of a new career.
- Travel expenses will be covered.
All volunteers will receive regular supervision and support from the ECT Project Coordinator.
How to Apply:
- Complete the digital form below;
- We will get in touch and invite you for interview;
- If your skills meet the project’s needs, we will invite you to attend our Volunteer Training (half a day training);
- After the training session, and once the dates/hours of volunteering are agreed, both the volunteer and the Project Coordinator sign the Volunteer Agreement.
If you would like more information, please e-mail our Project Coordinator, Willem
Volunteer Application Form:
Devon Development Education Role
Devon Development Education is seeking a new coordinator who will lead their small team of committed and enthusiastic staff and fundraise to ensure that they can support their work going forward. The coordinator will have oversight of DDE’s day-to-day operations and work with the Board of Trustees to set the charity’s direction.
DDE works through a number of activities; here are just a few:
- Cultural Champions and Youth Cultural Champions trains people from different backgrounds living in Devon to run sessions giving an authentic, personal view of their culture.
- Devon Diversity Consultants provides organisations with advice on diversity and inclusion.
- Food for Thought links schools in the UK and Uganda, with a theme of food growing.
- Telling Our Stories, Finding Our Roots. Devon’s Multicultural History has researched and shared the history of migration and ethnic diversity in three Devon towns and Exeter city.
They also run the Fairtrade Devon campaign for Devon County Council, and we offer professional development for teachers within the Global Learning Programme
More information about DDE can be found on their website.
Full job description available clicking here.
Community Development Worker – Chinese Lantern Project
About the Project
We provide a range of services to the Chinese community in the South West
and are now seeking to recruit for the following post for an exciting project:
Community Development Worker (21 hours per week) for Chinese
Salary + Employer’s Pension Contribution @ 5%
Funding for the project has been secured to November 2023.
About the Role
The post-holder will identify and work with hidden members of the Chinese
community from across Devon and Cornwall and liaise with local service
providers to raise awareness of the needs of the Chinese community.
Location: Ideally based in Exeter to support this area although applicants
based near either counties and can easily access this area will be considered.
The job will require travelling within the area.
An ambitious and innovative approach to the project will be vital in order to
deliver the targets with a finite timescale and a particular focus on service user
The ability to speak fluent English and one or more Chinese tongues is
essential; as is the ability to read and write both languages.
For an application pack or further information, please contact by:
– Email: email@example.com
– Telephone (0117) 9351462
– Initial interviews will be held remotely on Zoom
Closing Date: Friday, 1st October 2021 (subject to change without notice)
Funded by the National Lottery through the Community Fund
CCWS and BACWG are committed to Equal Opportunities
CHINESE COMMUNITY WELLBEING SOCIETY
Registered Charity No. 1181750
BRISTOL AND AVON CHINESE WOMEN’S GROUP
Registered Charity No. 1079401