Salary: £911.93 per month (2 days a week, SPC30/SO1:£27,358 p.a. full time equivalent)
Opportunity Type: Part Time, Maternity Cover, until end November 2022.
Location: Exeter, Devon
Hours: 16 hours per week, working hours variable to meet the needs of the service
Date Posted: 16th June 2022
Closing Date: 27th June 2022
Interview Date: 4th or 5th July 2022
This is an exciting role suited to someone with experience of co-ordinating and delivering community projects, including public events. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills will be needed, and knowledge and experience of working with ethnic minority communities will be an advantage. The successful candidate will help to deliver a wide and varied range of project activities across the city, working in partnership with grass roots community organisations, voluntary and statutory agencies and organisations, and the wider public. Their energy and enthusiasm will be the gel that brings these groups together. They will work alongside and under the management of the Exeter Communities Together (ECT) Manager in managing and delivering the objectives of Exeter Communities Together project.
Find Out More: Application Form
Overall Purpose of Job:
To work alongside and under the management of the Exeter Communities Together (ECT) Manager in managing and delivering the objectives of Exeter Communities Together project. To work in collaboration with/under the direction of the current post holder
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist and support the ECT Manager and the Project Co-ordinator in all aspects of set-up, general implementation and delivery of services
- Liaise with the member organisations and Ubuntu associates to ensure the smooth running of the programme of events.
- Assist in the recruitment, induction and development of volunteers and their deployment to assist in meeting service requirements.
- Report to the ECT Board on specific service delivery work.
- Oversee the publicity of events and activities, whether personally or via volunteers;
- Liaise with partner organisations regarding events and activities to facilitate participation and exchange of information;
- Attend all events/delegate as necessary to give support, to monitor and record, to note and obtain feedback from participants and to report back to the Manager and ECT Board;
- Assist member organisations with the setting up of events;
- Liaise with the Project Manager, Project Co-ordinator, Administrator and volunteers;
- Attend ECT Board meetings;
- Prepare press and publicity releases;
- Oversee the setting up and operation of websites, Facebook, Blogs, etc.
- Oversee and support volunteers.
· Education to “A” level standard
· Training in equality and diversity
· Educated to degree or equivalent level standard
· Trained in project management
· Partnership working
· Working with diverse communities -especially BAME and LGBTQ
· Supporting marginalised/vulnerable individuals
· Recruitment, induction and support of volunteers
· Delivering community events and activities
· Working within the community and voluntary sector or relevant statutory agencies
· Working with the media – radio, TV, press and social media
· Working for an organisation supporting diverse communities
· Project management
· Public Speaking
· Fundraising and bid writing
|Knowledge and Skills:|
· Written and verbal communication skills
· Project planning skills
· Understanding of diverse cultures, particularly those relevant in Exeter, and the issues facing ECT’s target beneficiaries
· Good networking skills
· Understanding of other agencies’ roles in supporting target beneficiaries
· The ability to use skills such as Podcasting and to build and maintain an online presence
· Supervisory skills
· IT skills
· Organisational skills
|Knowledge and Skills:|
· Fluent in two or more languages
· The ability to use programmes such as photoshop to produce posters/notices
· Able to work alone or as part of a team
· Able to work effectively under pressure
· Flexible approach to working hours
· Openness and non-judgemental interpersonal skills
· Able to maintain a positive and supportive personal manner
· Able to energise and enthuse others
· Political awareness
- Faith Stafford on 01392 20152 or email@example.com
Job Description & Person Specification available. Please call the UBUNTU Counselling Services office on 01392 201572.