Job Title: Exeter Communities Together Assistant Project Administrator
Reports to: Exeter Communities Together Project Manager
Hours: 16 hours per week, working hours flexible to meet the needs of the service
Salary: £911.93 per month (2 days a week – : £27,358 p.a. pro rata)
Opportunity Type: Temporary, Part Time, until end November 2022 approx.
Location: Exeter, Devon
Posted: 16th June 2022
Closing Date: 27th June 2022
Interviews: 4th or 5th July 2022
Overall purpose of job:
To work under the management of the Exeter Communities Together Manager in such administrative duties as are needed to support the delivery of the objectives of Exeter Communities Together.
Maintaining regular control of the finances, including dividing monies into appropriate ‘pots’ for each member organisation and function. This will be done in consultation with the Project Manager.
- Ensuring overheads, such as telephone and rental are paid regularly and up to date records kept.
- Producing a monthly balance sheet of expenditure, including details of monies paid to member organisations and balances remaining.
- Oversee the volunteer assistants to the Administrator.
- Ensure that all records are kept stored securely; that computers and laptops are password protected and that confidential documents are encrypted.
- Delivering the admin needs of the member organisations of ECT, in relation to the project.
- Arranging for the taking of minutes at directors’ and committee meetings.
- Ensuring that policies are up to date and readily accessible.
- Maintain expenditure record keeping, financial procedures, inventory management and such other administrative/procedural documentation as required.
- Provide administrative support for the Board, Committee, partner groups , volunteers and groups
- Participate and/or take lead roles in some planning groups, events and activities.
· 2 GCSEs at grade C or above, or demonstrable equivalent experience
· Training in Accountancy/and or Bookkeeping to Professional level
· 5 GCSEs at grade C or above including English and Maths, or demonstrable equivalent experience
· Training in equality and diversity
· Working in an administrative environment – min. 12 months
· Overseeing budgetry management and distribution
· Payment of salaries, including National Insurance and tax
· Working in a similar role
· Supervising staff and volunteers
|Knowledge and Skills:|
· Communication skills
· IT skills
· Keeping accurate accounts and staff records
· Written and verbal communication skills
· Organisational skills
· Understanding of diverse cultures, particularly those relevant in Exeter and the issues facing ECT’s target beneficiaries
|Knowledge and Skills:|
· Supervisory skills
· Experience of bid writing
· Able to work alone or as part of a team
· Able to work effectively under pressure
· Flexible approach to working hours
· Interpersonal skills
· Attention to detail
· Willingness to deputise